What is it about a first blog post that makes me feel like I'm standing in front of a school assembly completely naked?
No. Not completely naked. I'm wearing underwear, but they're definitely the ugliest pair of granny panties you've ever seen. And everyone is staring at me, and spotlights are SO unforgiving, and also, I forgot my homework and the boy I like is filming the whole thing on his iPhone and posting the damning footage to YouTube riiiiiiiight...... now.
Okay. I'm exaggerating just a touch. Which isn't an entirely bad habit for a writer to get into. It's just that any time I write a first blog post, or a guest blog post, or a first tweet or Facebook post, it feels like such a big deal. What can I say that will be entertaining enough and profound enough and me enough to work?
So for this blog post, I'm going to give up trying to be perfect, and just tell you 5 things about me that you might (no promises) find remotely interesting. And if this post doesn't work for you, I'll be posting much, much more on new adult fiction, the writing process, and living life in Florida with my pup, my laptop, and ungodly amounts of caffeine. I hope you enjoy.
5. I'm a writer. Always have been, always will be. Right now, I'm putting the finishing touches on my new New Adult romance novel SWEET NOTHING. More to come, for sure.
4. I hate all things banana-flavored with the glorious exception of banana bread. Really, any kind of bread is alright by me. Mmmm. Gluten.
3. I find inspiration for my books in everything from the news to trips to the beach to conversations with friends. As in, be careful what you say, because it might end up in quotes. Kidding. Kind of.
2. My favorite writing season is hypothetical fall. Hypothetical because I live in Florida, and well, we don't really get fall here. BUT I do like to turn my air-conditioning wayyyyy down and have a latte and snuggle up in bed with my words and my laptop. Which is just as good.
1. I love reading anything romance, and would LOVE your recs. So send me an Email, or write a comment, to tell me what you're reading. And we can chat about it! Or giggle about it! Or tweet, or FB message, or really, whatever floats your boat.
That's all for now. More soon, and thanks for reading!
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment