Tuesday, December 10, 2013

COUNTDOWN TO RELEASE: Bienvenido a Miami!

TWO DAYS TO RELEASE, PEOPLE! And I have had wayyy more coffee and hot chocolate than a girl should have had by this time in the morning. As part of my countdown to SWEET NOTHING's release on Thursday, I'm sharing a few of the places that are featured in the book, just to give you a sense of setting. Miami is such an incredible, lush place-- as I wrote the book, I thought of the city almost like another character.


SOUTH BEACH

South Beach (or SoBe, as Luke and all the other locals call it) is the epicenter of Miami's nightlife. It's home to some of the city's hottest clubs, hotels, and bars. When Elle, Waverly and Gwen hit the town, this is where they're headed. SoBe is also home to lots of famous cultural events, like the international modern art festival Art Basel. 

HALF MOON PRESERVE

Half Moon Preserve is the site of a sailboat wreck, and an awesome snorkeling site outside Bear Cut off Key Biscayne. The sailboat sank in 1930, and has been a favorite spot for snorkelers for a long time. More importantly, though-- it's the site of Luke and Elle's first date. And the site of lots and LOTS of wet-bodied kissing. So... that puts it on the map. 

BISCAYNE BAY

Biscayne Bay is a deliciously gorgeous bay (duh) to the east of Miami. I reference it a lot throughout the book, because water is really calming for me, and if there's one thing Elle Sloane needs in her life (besides Luke) it's a calming influence. :) I love writing scenes with bodies of water in them, too-- there's so much you can do with imagery here! 

Want more of Miami? Check out SWEET NOTHING when it releases on Thursday, December 12th! Woohoo! 

xoxo

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment